I don’t think there’s anything harder in the world than becoming a mom for the first time! Everything in your world is flipped upside down in amazing ways but some challenging ones too. I remember my first weeks home with my firstborn Reed I kept thinking, what happened to my body? Why are things not back to normal yet? Three kids later I know a little bit more and one thing is for sure, comfort is essential in those days, weeks and months at home with a newborn!
I remember one thing that struck me was how the breasts that were no longer recognizable as my own hurt so bad! The only thing I could tolerate was a sports bra but that was hard because it wasn’t a nursing bra. Luckily I later learned that they do make a seamless yoga nursing bra which is the perfect remedy for soreness when all you want in the world is comfort.
This bra is the literally the softest I’ve ever felt. You can just tell it’s comfortable without even putting it on. The ribbed bottom makes for a perfect fit without being too tight.
The back is adjustable so that you can easily change as your size fluctuates while nursing. With three clasps instead of two it really holds you in place and with four size options, you don’t have to buy a new bra every other month!
I like that there’s no painful underwire and that you can easily get ready to nurse with the one handed clasp that you can still hold baby with the other hand without juggling too much!
I always waited my required six weeks and then got right to work trying to lose the baby weight. Yoga was always how I started to tone and stretch out my muscles again and walking for cardio. I’d eventually work back up to Jazzercise and/or running to get the weight off. This sports bra is the perfect thing for nursing moms to lose their baby weight while still easily taking care of their baby!
If you have a nursing mom in your life this would make a wonderful gift for her this Christmas. You can’t put a price on the gift of comfort!
ANTI-MICROBIAL: Silverbreeze™ technology prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria, keeping her bra fresh
STYLE: Must-have criss-cross straps | Fresh sporty heather look
AMAZING COMFORT: Luxuriously soft, seamless and wire-free for added comfort | 4-way stretch fabric molds to your changing shape.
OEKO-TEX® CERTIFIED: This style is certified in accordance with OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 which means it has been tested and verified as free from harmful levels of more than 300 substances.
Connect with Bravado Designs
Check out these Yoga poses that can be done at home!
· Child’s Pose (Restore): This gentle stretch calms the brain, helping to relieve stress and fatigue, along with back and neck pain. It also helps stretch the hips, thighs and ankles. Here is a variation to the pose.
Instructional Tip: Kneel down to your mat and touch your big toes together. Then, press your hips back toward your heels, separate your knees to hips-width and lay your torso down onto the floor or a bolster. Simply breathe deeply and rest for 5-to-10 breaths to feel the benefits.
· Leg Drain (Rejuvenate): Leg drain pose is an easy way to refresh and combat sleep deprivation by boosting circulation and helping to drain lymph and other fluids that have pooled in your legs, angles and feet. Here is one variation to the pose and an alternate variation. Instructional Tip: Find a wall and, lay on your back with your legs straight up against the wall. If you want, lay a folded blanket or towel under your lower back for extra comfort. Now, rest in this posture for 20 minutes; it’s equivalent to taking a two-hour nap!
· Reclined Cobbler’s Pose (Restore): Reclined cobbler’s pose is a restorative posture that supports the spine and opens the chest and heart area. This is especially comforting for nursing moms who often suffer mid back and shoulder pain from hunching forward and flexing shoulders with little or improper cushion support when breastfeeding. Here is a variation to the pose. Instructional Tip: Stack blocks on an angle and lay your bolster over the blocks so it is at a 45- degree angle. Bring your sacrum to the base of the bolster, press hands into the floor and feet into the floor as you gently lie back. Allow the spine to rest over the bolster, relax your neck and head and open your chest. Draw the soles of your feet together and let the knees splay out to the sides. Rest your arms to the sides, palms face up.
For more great gift ideas visit the 2015 Holiday Gift Guide
Latest posts by The IE Mommy (see all)
- All Aboard for Peanuts™ The Great Pumpkin Patch Express! @OERM #OrangeEmpireRailwayMuseum - 22 September, 2016
- Gymini Musical Friends from @TinyLove_USA #TinyLoveUSA - 20 September, 2016
- Bella’s Fall Coat by Lynn Plourde @DisneyHyperion #DisneyBooks - 20 September, 2016