It’s that time of year again: graduation season! Whether your child is graduating at school or moving up in their programs at church like Awana’s; this NIrV Gift and Award Bible makes the perfect gift!
It is available in both pink and blue so it’s good for boys and girls! Since my five year old daughter Paige is graduating Kindergarten this week, I thought this was the perfect gift choice for her. It is designed for ages 7 and up but she will be six soon and if she’s anything like her brother, I know first grade is the year to really get into reading!
There are several things I like about this Bible. One is the affordability! At just $7.99 I think it goes down as the cheapest Bible I’ve ever seen!
I like that it’s made to be a gift so there is a presentation page which is always a nice touch.
One of my other favorite things is that it’s the NIrV version which is the New International Reader’s Version. It’s like the original NIV and was adapted from it but it uses shorter sentences and simpler words which makes it easier for young readers.
Another fun feature is “The ABC’s of Salvation which I really like because it puts it in really simple terms for the little ones. This is something we have been talking to our kids about a lot lately and this really simplifies a complex subject.
There is a Bible dictionary which is another great tool as well as reading plans. Paige won’t be able to do those just yet but I know by the end of the year we’ll be using them!
The only downside is that it’s a paperback binding and that can be rough with the little ones. A Bible is made to be read over and over so should be designed to take some hard wear and tear. However, that being said, it IS only $7.99 so you get what you pay for. You are not going to find a Bible that’s hardbound under $10 or probably even under $20!
I like that Zondervan is always coming up with great gift giving ideas and since graduation season is here, this Gift and Award Bible is a great one!
Early readers will love the NIrV Gift & Award Bible. And church leaders, friends, parents, and grandparents will love giving it, knowing it will be used often by hearts eager to grow a big faith in God. The New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) is an accurate translation of the entire Bible that is adapted with care from the New International Version (NIV) and created especially for early readers.
• Presentation page
• Complete text of the NIrV—the NIV for kids!
• “Three Ways to Read the Bible” – Explains how to read the Bible by story, subject, or person
• “About the Bible” – Describes how the Bible was written and how it came to us
• “Life in Bible Times” – Describes what life was like when Jesus was on earth
• “The ABCs of Salvation” – Helps explain the way of salvation
Other Great Children’s Bibles Available from Zondervan
Latest posts by The IE Mommy (see all)
- All Aboard for Peanuts™ The Great Pumpkin Patch Express! @OERM #OrangeEmpireRailwayMuseum - 22 September, 2016
- Gymini Musical Friends from @TinyLove_USA #TinyLoveUSA - 20 September, 2016
- Bella’s Fall Coat by Lynn Plourde @DisneyHyperion #DisneyBooks - 20 September, 2016