I actually saw bike lights like this in action at a campground last summer and I thought, “that is the coolest thing ever!” My kids and all the kids around us just stopped in their tracks to watch this little bike parade go by, all lit up with these fun lights! I decided then and there, this was something my kids must have!
Not only are they super cool looking, they make bike riding at night so much safer! We don’t do a whole lot of night biking but the exception to that is when we are camping or on some warm summer nights when it gets dusk before my kids are ready to come in.
I always wondered how they worked though. Wouldn’t a string of lights get all tangled up and be a safety hazard? Well, I’m sure they would which is probably why these are NOT a string of lights!
They come looking like a bunch of bolts or random parts to me! My husband even asked me what they were because he couldn’t tell. Once he saw the picture of them on a motorcycle, he wanted them for himself!
They are definitely much more durable than regular lights since they are made specifically for this. I thought the ones we saw were just fun people putting a string of lights on their bikes but it turns out, there are actually lights designed for this. Who knew?
The lights are waterproof so if you do use them on a motorcycle or go through a puddle on a bike, they won’t get short circuited. How cool is that? The best part is they don’t have to be turned off and on. They are activated when set into motion. I almost think they wouldn’t be worth the hassle except for this feature. If I had to turn them off and on every time, I probably wouldn’t bother.
As soon as my kids saw them, they were fighting over them so I’ll need to get another set. Luckily they are $12.95 per set so they are affordable!
They are easy to screw into place on the valve stem on the bike and secure enough to stay there.
I think these Bike Lights are really cool and fun and I love that they make my kids, and husband, more visible at nighttime! What a fun thing to add to our bikes!
* Light up your bike at night with the Speed Racer rim lights – Choose from three different styles
* Motion sensor LED technology ensures durability along with 50,000 hours of lifetime
* Easy to install – simple attach LED wheel flash light to valve stem on bike. Fits almost all bikes.
* Package includes A 3 pack of 2 x green 2 x blue 2 x colorful LED Valve Bike Lights
* Speed Racer is rust resistant, 1100% waterproof and usable through any terrain.
Latest posts by The IE Mommy (see all)
- All Aboard for Peanuts™ The Great Pumpkin Patch Express! @OERM #OrangeEmpireRailwayMuseum - 22 September, 2016
- Gymini Musical Friends from @TinyLove_USA #TinyLoveUSA - 20 September, 2016
- Bella’s Fall Coat by Lynn Plourde @DisneyHyperion #DisneyBooks - 20 September, 2016