To celebrate Earth Month in April the National Wildlife Federation is giving away App’s! Ranger Rick Jr. Appventures (for the iPad & ages 4-7) offers age-appropriate, ad-free content in a fun yet educational format through interactive animal games, videos, stories, puzzles, photos, jokes and more, including:
· Photo Safari - a game that asks children to take photos of all the lions in Lars’ pride. (The real challenge is that kids need to get up and move—with their iPads—to find them all!)
· Animal Piano - an activity that lets children make music and play songs, using the sounds made by lions, elephants, and baboons.
· Animal Builder - a drawing game that has children mix and match body parts to create both realistic and silly animals.
This month is a perfect time for young nature lovers to explore the world of Ranger Rick and his friends Ricky the raccoon and Lars the Lion in Ranger Rick Jr. Appventures. In addition to Earth Day, Arbor Day is also in April — and, it’s also National Frog Month!
Ranger Rick Jr. Appventures was developed in partnership with Moonbot Studios, winners of the 2012 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film!
Join Ricky Raccoon on the adventure of a lifetime as you travel to the grasslands of Africa in this cutting-edge story app. When you explore this amusing lion tale, you’ll meet Lars the Lion and the other members of his pride. Along the way, you’ll explore an interactive photo story, play five fun-filled games, and create music, animals, pictures, and stories.
Produced by the editors of Ranger Rick Jr. magazine and the award-winning animators at Moonbot Studios, Ranger Rick Jr. Appventures will provide hours of oohs, aahs, laughs, and, of course, tons of educational fun for your little one.
—Eye-catching wildlife photography
—Engaging videos and slide shows
—Playful animated infographics
—Tons of suprising animal facts
—Photo Safari: count the lions in Lars’ pride by surveying a 360° view of the African plains
—Sound Match: pair animals with the sounds they make
—Hide-and-Seek: find the cubs hidden in the grass by tilting the iPad
—Jigsaw Puzzle: piece together animal photos
—What’s Wrong?: identify humorous mistakes in a wildlife scene
—Animal Piano: compose really “wild” music
—Sticker Board: find stickers in the photo story and use them to create lively pictures
—Animal Builder: mix and match body parts to make hundreds of animals—serious or silly
—Trail Tales: write funny fill-in-the-blank stories
• Top 10 Kids’ Apps of 2012—Entertainment Weekly
• Featured Education App—Apple App Store
• “…a great app for young and adventurous kids and their parents.”—USAToday.com
• “The app has an abundance of interactive stories, games, puzzles, music, and other features.”—Parents.com
• Featured in the New York Times
Visit us: www.nwf.org/rrjrappventures
Email us: email@example.com
Like us: facebook.com/rangerrick